Friday, February 22, 2008

The Tough-looking Teddy Bear


Well, Mom always said you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, and sometimes it takes a Pointer to remind us of that lesson...

When the shelter workers in Kentucky first brought Radar out, I took one look at the deep chest, the wide head, the bright, intelligent eyes, and thought, "Oh, boy, look at this stocky, masculine dog. He's going to be a handful and all Mr. Man." But as it turns out, Mr. Radar may be a big old softy after all.

Each day has brought a little revelation about this handsome lemon and white boy. On our first walk, I guessed he would drag me all over, so I handed him to Ben. Turns out Mr. Radar walked pretty well on a leash right away.

On our first trip into the crate at home, I thought Radar would put up a fight. Turns out he loves his crate and goes in it willingly and happily.

And Radar loves affection, belly rubs, and treat-filled Kongs.

Tough boy was my first thought about Radar. Turns out marshmallow is more like it.

0 comments: